Biyernes, Marso 8, 2013

Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe


This is the first time I made a blog just to say a comment or any suggestions. But since the song was published, it's no longer needed. Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe was published on March 1, 2012. After four months since the day the song was published, the Official MV of the song on Youtube reached 100 million views. I think the MV on next two months reached 200 million views and today it reached almost 400 million views on Youtube. Here in the Philippines, the song was trending especially at the age of 20 below. The teenagers and other TV Shows also changed the lyrics into their desired trippings or jokings just to make people laugh. They're using the song in different needs. Like this:

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my number
Paload ng thirty

And other people made a Funny Music Video for the song. The Music Video made by celebrities.CALL ME MAYBE feat. Georgina, Belle, Solenn, Anne, Liz, Bea etc (OFFICIAL)

There's a side that the song was annoying but sometimes I get LSS on that song. Because people always sing the song. After that, I didn't notice myself singing the song. The song was cute and annoying because of the way Carly Rae Jepsen sang it. It is so maarte (I dont know what is maarte in English. Maarte that is annoyingthat makes me look at it and then say so?

About the lyrics, I got irritated on the first two lines:

I threw a wish in a well
Don't ask me I'll never tell

Why is the composer of the song include this kind of lyric? Why are they supposed to include that Carly threw a wish in a well but she don't want to tell anybody what it is?

On the next stanza, the first two lines again.

I'd trade my soul for a wish
Pennies and dimes for a kiss

How desperate she is. Just a kiss? She would trade her soul for that?

The refrain,

Your stare was holdin'
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'

She attracted instantly to the guy by the outer appearance. She didn't notice anything because she wants to admire and admire him while desperately wishing for something.

The chorus was repeated twice. I think, she is really, really desperate. :D

Before you came into my life
I miss you so bad

I'm wondering about these two lines
BEFORE he came into her life?
She haven't seen him yet and then she missed him so bad?

At the end of the MV, the girl was writing her number on a piece of a paper. While she's writing, the guy approached the guy guitarist and gave a piece of paper saying,

CALL ME
555-6041
xoxo

And then they discovered that the guy was a gay despite of his lookings that makes you think that he is a real guy. How funny it is. She's gonna give EVERYTHING for the guy but in the end, she and the band felt disappointed of what they have discovered.



------------------------------
Please leave a comment or suggestions. :))
I'm open for it.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento